29 March 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
Changes to our Business Operations – National Lockdown
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we are constantly reviewing the way we serve you. Our priority remains the health and safety of our Colleagues, Clients and Customers that we do business with. Recent developments resultant from a national call to contain the spread of the Coronavirus have advised of a 21-day Total Lockdown effective Monday 30 March 2020. As your financial partner we write to outline our essential banking services offering during this period to allow you to plan accordingly. We will however continue to explore appropriate avenues that will allow for seamless delivery of available services.
- All our Branches and Service Centres will be closed from Monday 30 March 2020 till the end of the National Lockdown. Your Relationship and Branch Managers remain available to assist when in need. Please contact them by email or on their mobile phones.
Digital Channels Available
You can access a number of services in the safety of your home/ office through use of alternative channels.
- Internet Banking. It only takes a few minutes to sign up for our Internet Banking. If you’re not already registered, visit www.onlinefirstcapitalbank.co.zw to sign up. You’ll be able to check your balance, view statements, buy airtime, pay bills and make transfers from the comfort of your home.
- Bank on the First Capital Bank App. You can bank from anywhere with the First Capital Bank app on your smartphone (Android and iOS). Download the app that works for your device and you’ll get all the tools to ensure a smooth banking experience.
- Mobile Banking (USSD). If you are not already using our mobile banking service, simply dial *229# to self- register for the service using any type of mobile phone. You’ll be able to check your balance, view mini statements, buy airtime, pay bills and make inter-account transfers, send and receive money through ZIPIT service. Ecocash services are also available on this service.
- Point of Sale Terminals. Use your First Capital Bank debit card to transact on point of sale terminals around the country. Please wash your hands with soap or apply hand sanitizers after use of public facilities such as POS terminals.
- Contact Centre Details. You are just a dial away from assistance. Please contact us using the below contact information;
Telephone: +263 (0) 242 250579
Toll-Free (landlines): 08004216
Toll-Free (Econet): 08080093-6
Facebook: First Capital Bank in association with Barclays
Our Service Offering (Digital)
- Card Blocking /Unblocking, Charge Backs , Dispute Resolution
- Internet Banking-New Registrations, Password/ID reset, Maintenance
- Mobile Banking- New Registrations, Wallet linkages, maintenance
- Acquittals Bills of Entry
- Insurance Claims
- Point of Sale Support
- RTGS Inward and Outward
- Swift Inward/Outward; Salaries , Debit Orders , Settlements
It is our aim to strike the right balance between being here for our customers/clients, whilst at the same time ensuring the safety of our staff. We will continue to channel our efforts to delivering excellent service to you. This current situation is fluid and we endeavor to update you continuously as we forge ahead together. We care about your safety. Stay safe.
Acting Managing Director
Notice of Lockdown and Changes to Business Operations_Retail _29 March 2020